Indian Railways, the third largest railway network in the world, operates 12,000 trains, carrying over 23 million passengers per day, connecting approximately 8000 stations across India.
The network operates 7000 freight trains every day, carrying 3 million tonnes of freight. More than 8 billion journeys and more than 1100 million tonnes of freight travel this 66,000km network, every year.
The Indian Railway offers opportunities for:
- Suburban corridor projects through PPP
- High speed train projects
- Dedicated freight lines - Port/Mining lines
- Rolling stock including train sets and locomotives/coaches manufacturing and maintenance
- Railway electrification – manufacturing including power transmission
- Signalling systems - Manufacturing and installation of signalling solutions
- Development of passenger terminals
Exporail India 2019 will provide the opportunity to be part of the largest ever modernisation and expansion plans of the Indian Railway. While the exhibition will provide a platform for showcasing the latest technological advancements, new products and innovation.